Sunday, July 8, 2007

CHRISTMAS IN JULY Party



Here are some of the cards that I made at my Christmas in July party that are actually Christmas cards. I tend to go with some non traditional colors.

The Be Merry card is 3x3. I made it for a 3x3 swap on Splitcoast Stampers. I used all Stampin' Up materials except for the rhinestone brad which is MM. I used The Snowflake Spot for the main image. I used Warm Words for the sentiment, white grosgrain ribbon, Cool Carribean ink and paper, and Whisper White paper. I stamped the snowflake in Versamark then in Cool Carribean. Then, I sprinkled it with holographic embossing powder and used the heat tool. I like the monochromatic look. Thanks to my cousin Heidi for the cool idea! 3x3 cards are a pain. Not enough room to work with in my opinion.
I used the mega scallop circle punch from Marvy to cut out the snowflake. Just a word of advise- Spend the extra money and order the punches with the Clever Lever! I think the old style that I have of this punch is very difficult to use. It is loud and requires tons of pressure.

The Cheers card features The Snowflake Spot set from Stampin' Up. I used my favorite green-Certainly Celery, Real Red, and Whisper white. I also used green and white ribbon by May Arts (from Archiver's). I just feel like this ribbon gives cards such a polished look. It is one of my favorite ribbons that I have found. The button is from a set of Christmas buttons I purchased from Michaels a long time ago. I used the Mat Pack from Stampin Up to punch the holes around the image.

More cards to come tomorrow!!!

No comments:

free web counter